There are lots of hotels situated close to the harbour with rooms that enable guests to view the Sydney Harbour Bridge lit up with fireworks on New Year's Eve.
The best positions for the fireworks are hotels in the broader Circular Quay/CBD and North Sydney areas.
The hotels listed below have rooms that provide bridge views, but you need to indicate your preference for a bridge view on the booking form when making a booking, and confirm this later via email. These hotel rooms sell out very quickly - some in the first month of the New Year - so you need to book as early as you can in order not to miss out.
Other rooms are available which, although they do not offer a view of the bridge, offer views of the fireworks over Sydney Harbour.
•Shangri La Hotel
•Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour
•Holiday Inn Old Sydney (The Rocks)
•Park Hyatt Sydney
•Rendezvous Hotel Sydney
•The Langham Sydney
•Marriott Sydney Harbour
•Pier One Sydney Harbour
• Four Seasons
• Russell Hotel (The Rocks)
• Sir Stamford (Circular Quay)
• Sydney Harbour Marriot
• Sydney Boulevard Hotel
• Macleay Serviced Apartments (Potts Point)
Hostels/Backpackers in close proximity to harbour:
Views are from the rooftop terrace.
• Ibis Sydney Darling Harbour
• The Darling Hotel
• Astral Tower & Residences at The Star
• Novotel Sydney on Darling Harbour
• Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Harbourside
• Metro Apartments On Darling Harbour